Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ballerinas should be our new super heros!

Hola! The tittle is weird... I know, but wait... I'm weird!

Recently I have been going through one of my "obsessions" and currently it is ballet. It started out when I was looking for a good dance place to go to with one of my best friends Anna! (blurredmemories-annaism.blogspot.com check it out). I was looking at all these ballet places and they are so freaking elegant and graceful! I am totally stalking The School of American Ballet! Here are some of my favorite pictures
OMG SHE IS BALANCING HER ENTIRE BODY ON THE POINT OF HER FOOT!

Mini ballerinas in training. They are around six and have more grace and strength than me!
Omg she looks so elegant. If I did that I would look like I was calling over a waiter.

Got to include the boys! They look cute though!
Omg they look so perfect here and they are all in the exact same position!

So one of my best friends and I wanted to take ballet together. I convinced her and I was almost certain that my mom was going to say yes. She said no! :( The class wasn't even that expensive. I was literally considering paying for it myself. So because I'm so obsessed I'm going to buy this book called Ballet for Dummies. We all know the dummy books right? I don't know why I want to learn it so badly. I just think it tones your muscles and strengthens you (which I definitely need!) It also gives you more grace and elegance. In my opinion.

Ballerinas are so skinny yet they're so strong! I mean hello, they can hold up their entire body on the tip of their toe! They have so much balance since they obviously aren't falling, and while they're doing all of this they have so much grace and elegance. (That was probably my 800th time using those words) Ballerinas should be our new super heroes. They've got it all! lol...

-Lizzy

P.S. I'll probably buy the book and then I won't be interested. I have little obsessions that last between two weeks and a month at the max! :) Like I said, I'm weird.